This talk focuses on DevOps strategies to assist development of Docker applications directly on CoreOS hosts. James Russell, a DevOps engineer at PlayStation, covers many areas including the installation of customized toolboxes, integration with IDEs, and enabling collaboration with colleagues.
via syncd: Synchronize directories across clusters leveraging etcd.
Recently I’ve found myself getting to grips with a new variety of Linux tools that have emerged from CoreOS and container solutions recently, designed to make the deployment of massive highly available cloud architectures much faster.
- Docker – A container engine
- CoreOS – a minimal Linux distribution designed for container deployment
- Fleet – a cluster wide init system (systemd)
- Etcd – Cluster wide key-value store for service discovery
- cAdvisor & Heapster – container monitoring across clusters.
Oleg Podsechin from StartHQ presenting “Building a Node.js PaaS using Docker and CoreOS” at HelsinkiJS & DevOpsFinland combined January event 22.01.2015 hosted at Alma Media.
Here are instructions on how to fire up a Couchbase Server 2.2 cluster running under CoreOS on AWS CloudFormation. You will end up with the following system: