Feel free to contribute!
- Awesome Swift
Some interesting demo/poc apps written in swift.
A list of iOS swift demo apps
- 2048 – 2048 demo game in swift.
- Alarm – an alarm app in swift.
- Chat – chat like app implementation in swift.
- CloudKit-To-Do-List – a cloudkit based to do list.
- DeckRocket – deckrocket porting in swift.
- Edhita – text edit app.
- Eidolon – The Artsy auction kiosk app.
- firefox-ios – firefox for iOS being developed by Mozilla.
- Federal Open Data – Get federal Open Data using the Federal Data SDK
- FlappySwift – flappy bird clone in swift.
- HackerNews – hackernews reader app written in swift.
- HausClock – chess stile clock app in swift.
- HomeKitDemo – homekit demo app;
- iContactU – delivered on Apple Store: reminds you to contact people you ought to.
- KeychainDemo – keychain sharing between an App and it’s share extension
- LayerPlayer – explores CALayer and subclasses; written in Swift; also on App Store
- MyAwesomeChecklist – checklist app in swift.
- Pocket Forecast – typhoon weather example
- ReactiveSwiftFlickrSearch – an MVVM & ReactiveCocoa Flickr search app in swift.
- Round & Split – a tip calculator in swift
- SwiftDemo – a collection of demo for swift.
- SwiftFlickrApp – flickr app written in swift.
- SwiftHN – hacker news app in swift.
- SwiftWeather – a nice weather app written in swift.
- TextEthan – a clone of TextEthan, a messaging app that allows anyone to message you
- Task – a task app written in Swift that is published in the app store.
- The Oakland Post – a full-fledged, 100%-Swift (minus dependencies) news reader.
- Valio – event time table app in swift.
A list of OSX swift demo apps
Dependency manager software for swift.
- acli – downloads repos from command line listed in awesome-swift readme.
- carthage – a new dependency manager for swift.
- cocoapods – the most used dependency manager for Objective-C (swift is still in porting).
An awesome list of swift related guides.
- A better way to learn swift – Learn swift in a different way.
- Apple eBook – Official Apple eBook for swift beginners.
- Developing iOS 8 Apps with Swift – Stanford course by Paul Hegarty.
- Learn Swift – a collection of tuts that will help you learning swift via playground.
- Practice Swift – an interesting guide to learn swift.
- SwiftDoc – Auto-generated documentation for Swift.
- SwiftGuide CN – A chinese written guide for swift.
- SwiftInFlux – A well explained list of feature in flux for swift
- Swift Style Guide – Raywenderlich swift guide, a must read.
- Swift Tips – Swift tips collection.
- Swift-Weekly – Weekly Swift Language Gems, Tips and Tricks
Support for your favorite editors.
- swift-vim – play swift with vim editor.
- vim-swift – adds swift support to vim. It covers syntax, indenting, and more.
- vim-polyglot – language pack for vim that includes vim-swift.
Here you can find a list of snippets and libs for your swift projects.
Quick libs to get access to third party API services
- GooglePlacesAutocomplete – Simple Google Places address entry for iOS.
- Swifter Twitter – Swifter Twitter framework for swift.
- Typhoon – Dependency injection toolkit in swift.
- Federal Data SDK – Eases access to multiple federal government OpenGov APIs
Bored of using storyboard? Give a try to declarative auto layout libs.
- Cartography – declarative auto layout lib for your project.
- Snappy – a light-weight layout framework which wraps AutoLayout with nicer syntax.
- SwiftBox – Flexbox in Swift, using Facebook’s css-layout.
- SwiftAutoLayout – a small DSL for autolayout.
- Tails – declarative autolayout for ios app written in swift.
- VFLToolbox – fancy Swift implementation of the Visual Format Language
Interesting snippets related to color management and utility.
- HexColor – define UIColors as hex integers.
- PrettyColors – Styles and colors text in the Terminal with ANSI escape codes. Conforms to ECMA Standard 48
- UIColor-Hex-Swift – an hex to uicolor converter.
- UIColorWDUtils – extension for hex RGB(A).
Deal with cryptography method easily in swift
No more pain with Core Data, here listed some interesting lib to handle data management.
- AERecord – super awesome Core Data wrapper library for iOS written in Swift.
- AlecrimCoreData – a simple CoreData wrapper library written in Swift.
- SugarRecord – an easy with to work with coredata and realm.
- SuperRecord – A small set of utilities to make working with CoreData and Swift a bit easier.
- QueryKit – an easy way to play with coredata filtering within your swift projects.
Struggling using json data? Here you are some interesting way to handle it.
- Argo – Json parsing library
- json-swift – A basic library for working with JSON in swift.
- JSONHelper – lightning fast JSON deserialization and value conversion library for iOS & OS X written in swift.
- ObjectMapper – JSON object mapper.
- Pistachio – Generic model framework for Swift.
- SwiftyJSON – A lib for JSON in swift with error handling.
- SwiftMapper – JSON Mapper.
- SwiftJSONParser – JSON parser.
Are you interested in storing your app data using SQLite? Here some interesting resources.
- SQLite.swift – A pure Swift framework wrapping SQLite3. Small. Simple. Safe.
- SQLiteDB – sqlite wrapper for swift.
- SwiftData – simple and Effective SQLite Handling in Swift.
If you prefer to manage XML data formatted entries, here some helpful libs
- AEXML – xml wrapper
Handle data formatting easily.
- AFDateHelper – Simple date helper.
- Swift-NSDate-Extensions – Swift Version of Erica’s NSDate Extensions.
- SwiftMoment – A time and calendar manipulation library.
Alternatives to NSNotificationCenter, Key-Value-Observation, or delegation.
- EmitterKit – an implementation of event emitters and listeners in swift.
- Signals – replaces delegates and notifications.
- SwiftEventBus – A publish/subscribe event bus optimized for iOS.
A collection of font related snippets.
- GoogleMaterialDesignIcons – google Material Design Icons Font for iOS.
- MCFontAwesome – fontawesome porting for swift.
- SwiftFonts – render all the supported fonts in swift.
Interested in using iBeacon in your swift project? Here some interesting resources.
- iBeacon – iBeacon implementation in swift.
An interesting list of image related libs..
- CYFastImage – display images from web.
- gifu – highly performant animated GIF support for iOS in Swift.
- ImageScout – a Swift implementation of fastimage. supports PNG, GIF, and JPEG.
- PASImageView – async remote download your image and round them. automatically.
- SwiftColorArt – font schema generator according image colours.
- SwiftGif – A small UIImage extension with gif support
- Toucan – Image processing api
- UIImageView-BetterFace-Swift – autoresize images and if any face discovered refine the position of the image.
Do you want to create your own customized keyboard? Here some interesting resources
- Hodor Keyboard – poc for custom keyboard implementation.
A list of libs that allow you to decrease the amount of time spent to deal with http requests.
- agent – http request agent.
- Alamofire – elegant networking in swift.
- GRequest – http request handler.
- IJReachability – check for network connection availability.
- ModestProposal – an HTTP toolbox.
- Moya – network abstraction layer.
- Net – an httprequest wrapper.
- OAuth2 – oauth2 auth lib.
- OAuthSwift – Swift based OAuth library for iOS.
- RSNetworking – Network library written purely in Swift.
- Starscream – websockets implementation in swift.
- SwiftHTTP – NSURLSession wrapper.
- YYHRequest-Swift – http request in async.
- iOS-TouchID-Swift – TouchID for Swift.
- JMEasyTouchID – TouchID one line wrapper.
- KeychainAccess – Simple Swift wrapper for Keychain that works on iOS and OS X.
- KeyClip – Keychain framework for iOS written in Swift.
- SwiftKeychainWrapper – a simple static wrapper for the iOS Keychain to allow you to use it in a similar fashion to user defaults.
Manage your device sensors in a faster and easier way
- MotionKit – iOS device sensors wrapper
A collection of testing frameworks.
- Quick – Quick is a behavior-driven development framework for Swift and Objective-C.
- Sleipnir – BDD-style framework for Swift.
- Swiftest – experimental BDD-style framework.
A collection of pre-packaged transitions & cool ui stuffs.
- Adaptive Tab Bar – adaptive tab bar.
- BreakOutToRefresh – A playable pull to refresh view using SpriteKit
- BWWalkthrough – A class to build custom walkthroughs for your iOS App.
- CharacterText – perform fx on UILabel.
- ENSwiftSideMenu – sliding side menu.
- FloatLabelFields – text entry controls which contain a built-in title/label so that you don’t have to add a separate title for each field.
- FloatRatingView – floating rating system.
- FrostedSidebar – Hamburger Menu using Swift and iOS 8 API’s.
- Geometry – extensions for UIView.
- GoogleWearAlert – Google Wear Alert style.
- hamburger button transition – Hamburger button transition.
- JTToast – Toast for swift.
- MediumScrollFullScreen – Medium scroll style menubar.
- Pagemenu – Pagination enabled view controller.
- Panoramic – Panoramic facebook story clone.
- PeerKit – An open-source Swift framework for building event-driven, zero-config Multipeer Connectivity apps.
- PinterestSwift – Pinterest style transition.
- PKHUD – Reimplementation of the Apple HUD.
- PNChart-Swift – A simple and beautiful chart lib with animation
- PPSwiftGifs – a convenient way to show animated GIF images as a part of iOS GUI.
- PullToRefreshSwift – cool PullToRefresh library written in pure swift.
- SCLAlertView – Animated Alert view.
- Spring – A library to simplify iOS animations in Swift.
- SweetAlert – Alert system.
- SwiftOverlays – various popups and notifications.
- TextFieldEffects – Several ready to use effects for UITextFields
- ZFRippleButton – A ripple button animation.
Some interesting utilities that help you in your projects
- __ – Underscore.js power in your swift projects.
- Async – Syntactic swift sugar for Grand Central Dispatch
- Async.legacy – Syntactic swift sugar for Grand Central Dispatch (iOS 7 and OS X 10.9 Mavericks compatible fork)
- AwesomeCache – manage cache easy in your swift project.
- BrightFutures – promise and future lib for swift.
- CLIKit – a way to create cli with swift.
- Collection Each – add each func to collections.
- CommandLine – A pure Swift library for creating command-line interfaces
- Dispatcher – Queues, timers, and task groups in Swift
- ExSwift – a set of swift extensions for standard types and classes.
- LlamaKit – Collection of must-have functional Swift tools.
- Mendel – Swift miliframework for implementing evolutionary/genetic algorithms.
- PromiseKit – async promise programming lib.
- Prototope – Swift library of lightweight interfaces for prototyping, bridged to JS.
- Pythonic.swift – Pythonic tool-belt for Swift: a Swift implementation of selected parts of Python standard library.
- Runes – Functional operators for Swift – flatMap, map, apply, pure
- SpecificationPattern – chainable rules useful for form validation.
- SwiftBitmask –
Bitmask<T>type intended as a replacement for
- SwiftColors – HEX color handling as an extension for UIColor.
- SwiftForms – form are now easy as 1.2.3!
- SwiftyUserDefaults — a cleaner, nicer syntax for NSUserDefaults
- Swiftz – a lib for functional programming.
- Swift Sugar – objsugar ported to swift.
- Wyrd – Asynchronous programming in Swift made easy. Wyrd is inspired by Promises/A+.
- XCGLogger – a lib that help you handling better debug logging.
- Swell – a logging utility for Swift.
Do you wanna host a webserver in your device? Here you can find some tricks to do it.
- swifter – Http server written in Swift with routing handler.
Miscellaneous Swift related projects
- swift-compiler-crashes – A collection of test cases crashing the Swift compiler
- SwiftInFlux — List of things that are “in flux” in Swift + changelog of the language
Tools for Swift development
Generate documentation for Swift code