Today we will be creating a very simple Todo application using the MEAN (Mongo, Express, Angular, Node) stack. We will be creating:
- Single page application to create and finish todos
- Storing todos in a MongoDB using Mongoose
- Using the Express framework
- Creating a RESTful Node API
- Using Angular for the frontend and to access the API
While the application is simple and beginner to intermediate level in its own right, the concepts here can apply to much more advanced apps. The biggest things we should focus on is using Node as an API and Angular as the frontend. Making them work together can be a bit confusing so this tutorial should help alleviate some confusion. Buckle those seatbelts; this could be a long one.