In this talk, you’ll learn how Netflix uses the Reactive Extensions (Rx) library to build responsive user experiences that strive to be event-driven, scalable and resilient. Learn the power of the Observable and how we’ve simplified our lives through the ability to filter, aggregate, compose and project data streams.
Join us while we discuss how Netflix uses Rx to:
– Declaratively build complex events out of simple events (ex. drag and drop)
– Coordinate and sequence multiple Ajax requests
– Reactively update the UI in response to data changes
– Eliminate memory leaks caused by neglecting to unsubscribe from events
– Gracefully propagate and handle asynchronous exceptions