Continuing our series of articles concerning proposed practices while working with the Java programming language, we are going to discuss and demonstrate how to utilize Object Serialization for high performance applications.
All discussed topics are based on use cases derived from the development of mission critical, ultra high performance production systems for the telecommunication industry.
Prior reading each section of this article it is highly recommended that you consult the relevant Java API documentation for detailed information and code samples.
All tests are performed against a Sony Vaio with the following characteristics :
- System : openSUSE 11.1 (x86_64)
- Processor (CPU) : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6670 @ 2.20GHz
- Processor Speed : 1,200.00 MHz
- Total memory (RAM) : 2.8 GB
- Java : OpenJDK 1.6.0_0 64-Bit
The following test configuration is applied :
- Concurrent worker Threads : 200
- Test repeats per worker Thread : 1000
- Overall test runs : 100